I adore chutneys - and here is a quick one that is made with seasonal white peaches and sugar tomatoes. It comes together quickly, but for the flavors to really explode when served - you should let the chutney sit for at least eight hours - or best 24 hours, before serving. It is colourful and flavorful and would make a great compliment for any pork or lamb entree. (and would be great with chicken, beef or tofu as well) I, personally, love the combination of sweet and spicy with any main course protein.
- 1/2 pint sugar baby tomatoes, quartered
- 4 ripe white peaches, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger