- 3 Leeks, cleaned and sliced white and light green parts only
- 1 Large fennel, cored, sliced thinly, fronds reserved and chopped lightly
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Herbs D'Provence with Lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the butter.
- When it is foaming add in the fennel and leeks, season with Herbs D'Provence and black pepper and saute over over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- The vegetables should be soft (not mushy) and very slightly caramelized. Add in the cream and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds, adjust seasoning and serve.