- 1 pound firm but ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil x2 - one for the nectarines, one for the pumpkin seeds.
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh mint
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a large bowl, toss nectarine halves with olive oil; season with salt. Set cut side-down on the grill and cook until lightly charred on cut side, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip and grill until browned and softened on skin side, about 2-3 minutes.
Let the nectarines cool, then chop them up into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet, toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until golden and crisp, 12—15 minutes. Watch these carefully, they can go from perfect to burnt in the blink of any eye. Set them on the counter to cool and move on to the next step.
- In a saucepan - melt the butter over medium heat - once melted and foaming add sugar and curry powder. Cook until aromatic - perhaps 1 or 2 minutes - and until complete combined. Take off the heat - add the nectarines and orange juice and gently stir to coat the fruit with the syrup. Drizzle the honey over the top of all of it when you finish.
- Sprinkle feta, pumpkin seeds and fresh mint over the top, again to taste. Remember that the feta will add saltiness - so be careful not to salt the dish before adding feta. I love mint so I went a bit crazy with it, so I didn't put an amount, its the amount that you like. Fresh spearmint is always the best to use.